Effective date: 01/01/2023
1. General Principles
Vyoma Linguistic Labs Foundation (“Vyoma Labs” / “us” / “we” / “our”) is committed to protecting and safeguarding the personal data and privacy of any user who accesses and / or uses (“User” / “you” / “your”) our website https://vyoma.org/ (“Site” / “Website” / “Service”).
We endeavour to comply with laws of other countries but cannot and do not warrant that we do. We do everything we reasonably can to protect your rights of privacy on systems, and the Website controlled by us, but we are not liable for any unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your Personal Information made by third parties who are not subject to our control, for example advertisers and websites that have links to our Website. You should take note that the information and privacy practices of our business partners, advertisers, sponsors or other sites to which we provide hyperlinks, may be different from ours.
- What kind of information do we collect (collectively “Data”)?
- Personal Information
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or by emailing us at [email protected].
- Usage Data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website or when you access our Website by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Website on a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
This information is used for research and analytics to serve you better and to ensure IT security.
- Location Data
We may use and store information about your location (“Location Data”). We use the Location Data to provide features of our Website, to improve and customize our services to you.
- Information from donors
We may collect the postal address and PAN number from donors in accordance with applicable laws.
- Cookies Data
We use cookie technology only to obtain non-personal information from our Users in order to improve Users’ online experience and facilitate their visit within our Website.
You may instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features on our Website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
- Other Data
While using our Service, we may also collect the following information: sex, age, date of birth, place of birth, address, telephone number (work, mobile), and citizenship data.
- How do we use the Data?
We do not for any reason whatsoever share or sell your Data to any third party or otherwise trade on it.
We use the collected Data for various purposes including:
- to provide and maintain our Service;
- to notify you about changes to our Service;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- to provide customer support;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- to monitor the usage of our Service;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
2. For how long do we retain your Data?
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
4. How do we secure your Personal Information?
5. Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computer servers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
6. How can you request rectification & removal of Personal Information?
The security of your data is important to us. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be rectified and / or removed from our systems, please email us at [email protected].
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not able to provide Service without some necessary data.
7. Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide Service on our behalf, perform related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
Such third parties may have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We also encourage you to review the Google’s policy for safeguarding your data: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Cloudflare analytics is a web analytics service operated by Cloudflare Inc. Please read their privacy terms here: https://www.cloudflare.com/privacypolicy/
9. Behavioral Remarketing
10. External Links & Third Party Sites
Vyoma Labs shall not be liable for any loss, damage, claim or expenses suffered by you as a result of accessing Third Party Sites.
11. General Exceptions
If we are required to intercept, disclose, monitor and/or store your Personal Information: (a) by law; (b) to conduct our business; (c) to secure our systems; or (d) to enforce our own rights, we will do so in the manner as prescribed by law. Such interception, disclosure, monitoring and storage may take place without your knowledge. In that case, we will not be liable to you or any third party for any damages howsoever arising from such interception, disclosure, monitoring and storage. We may also disclose your information:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Data;
- with your consent in any other cases;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
12. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
14. Your acceptance of these terms